incubator-general mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:54:54 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 6/21/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
>> That kind of person, has nothing in common
>> with anything ASF stands for thought.
>
> ASF membership is distinct from committership.  If Hani evidences
> merit for a particular project as judged by his peers on the project,
> then I have zero objections to him being granted committership for
> that particular project.

I strongly object to that. He can very well stay
where he was before, as well as the entire that
'wannabe' sub-community.
Just imagine where would lead us the things like
reply to your random commit in a form of:
'Justin, your latest commit shows the definite
degradation in your IQ. What happened?'

Anyhow, if that new project does not comply
to the basic rules of the ASF, why it should
be a part of it?

>> So, unless he is removed from the initial or
>> what ever committers list, you have my veto,
>> if that actually means something nowadays
>> inside the ASF.
>
> I'm not sure that a veto applies to whether we accept a podling or
> not.  -- justin

So, if I happen to be a board member, then eventually I would
have such an influence. As a member I should shout up, right?
Remind me to run for the next board elections.

Regards,
Mladen.