incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:46:09 GMT
Please, Hani has been a great contributor to the XFire project:

http://fisheye.codehaus.org/changelog/~author=hani/xfire/

Not only has he contributed code, he has written documentation and
helped users out on the mailing list/irc. While you may not like what
he says on his blog, anyone that has worked with him on a project will
vouch for his extensive expertise and ability to work in a team.

I could go on, but I don't think this discussion will benefit from it.

- Dan

Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

>On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 13:52 -0400, Sakala, Adinarayana wrote:
>

>>== Initial Committers ==

>> * Hani Suileman
>>

>Wow. Interesting. Never imagined Hani'd come our way. See for example
>his latest masterpiece from
>http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/?anchor=defecating_on_a_jdk:
>
>"In a rather perplexing move, it's announced that the Java 6 JDK will
>include Derby, the turdy little unwanted IBM poop plopped onto Apache
>(about par for the course, since large swathes of Apache seem to exit
>solely as an IBM marketing tool.)"
>
>And also from
>http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/?anchor=javaone_bea_keynote:
>
>"Someone must have given him the wrong suppository to make him say such
>horrible things, come on, of all people, surely he'd know that Apache
>does NOT have 'cool software'?"
>
>And also from (my personal favorite of course)
>http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/?anchor=axis2_why_bother:
>
>"Swing development requires people with at least a double digit IQ,
>which (with maybe two exceptions) nobody at the Java side of Apache has
>managed to evolve to."
>
>and
>
>"As much as I hate Apache, one thing one could always count on is their
>moralistic holier than thou good behaviour."
>
>----
>
>Is Hani seriously going to participate in an Apache meritocracy or is
>this some kind of joke?
>
>Sanjiva.

Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053