incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator to sponsor and accept Abdera for incubation
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 18:26:32 GMT
Charles Mark wrote:
> What's happening with Kabuki? Looking at email archives, apparently
> it was approved in February. Three months later, there is still  no
> development, no community, and no code, and apparently no activity
> either. Sam Ruby is champion and mentor of Kabuki, right? Would you
> mind an explanation? Is Abdera going to be different?

The answer to the last question is: yes.

What ended up being Apache Kabuki and the Eclipse AJAX Toolkit Framework
started out as one proposal.  The latter involved people I knew and
believed would be a good fit here.  Based on the chilly reception they
received here and the wooing they received from Eclipse, they went
there.  Every indication is that they are doing just fine there.

I'm still willing to help with Kabuki, but Andy Clark knows those people
better.  I've had occasional emails with a few others on that team.

One of the reasons I like for there to be a primary mentor is that it is
clear who to go to with questions like these.

As to Leo's concern about having a quorum of known PPMC members, I am
certainly willing to be on the PPMC for Abdera.

- Sam Ruby