incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Withdrawing Kabuki from Apache Incubator
Date Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:20:16 GMT
On 6/24/06, Andy Clark <aclark@zimbra.com> wrote:

... (snip)

> We think that Kabuki is an ideal fit for a certain
> class of Ajax solutions but not for others. As such,
> we expect Kabuki to co-exist with Dojo, GWT, and
> others. We now agree with other members of OpenAjax
> that a peer relationship between these projects is
> best. We feel that this approach facilitates sharing
> and collaboration and is better than an approach
> where one project has a special relationship with
> Apache while others do not.

Hi Andy, hopefully you can help me understand this bit a bit better.

Having a formal relationship between the various pillars of the AJAX
community sounds like a great idea, but why would one of those
projects being at Apache give it an advantage over the others?

I ask this not to change your mind, we all follow our itch - be it
business, individual or community; but because I'm not seeing the
advantage. A more extreme question would be to wonder if this
advantage is going to be a problem for any Ajax initiatives that might
occur at the ASF?

Hen