incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:48:13 GMT
On 6/21/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> >
> > Anyway, I think it is important that we judge a person by what he does
> > rather than by what we think we know about him (and a satiric blog is
> > probably not a good source).
>
> You are completely wrong with that.
> There can be no healthy community without at least
> minimal mutual appreciation.

That's correct but it is besides the point. How do you know that Hani
does no appreciate Apache ? Only by his bile blog ? He also
bile-blogged about the JCP and he is actively involved in it, so its
probably safe to say that there is a difference between the person
Hani and the public person that writes the bile blog.
And given this, he should be treated just like every other person that
would like to get involved with the ASF and help in a project: he
should be welcomed.

Tom