incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:53:37 GMT
On 6/21/06, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:

> First of all, I don't care about that proposal,
> but I'll be strongly against having Hani as an
> ASF community participant.
>
> Just take a look at his (Why I hate Tomcat):
> http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/20060420
>
> That kind of person, has nothing in common
> with anything ASF stands for thought.
>
> So, unless he is removed from the initial or
> what ever committers list, you have my veto,
> if that actually means something nowadays
> inside the ASF.

While I haven't met Hani in person, I don't think it is ok to judge
him after his blog. After all it is satire (and damn funny at times).
Just because he's making fun of the ASF or JCP or whatnot, it does not
mean that he hates them or that he would not be a good ASF committer.
Rather, you should check whether there's normal info about him like
this interview:
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=38836, and
other things easily found on the net.

Tom