incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] CeltiXfire Project
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:51:15 GMT
On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 17:30 +0200, James Strachan wrote:

> CeltixFire is aimed at implementing the JAX-WS/JAX-WSA/JSR-181
> standards which are the newer standards for working with SOAP &
> WS-Addressing on the Java platform

Thanks for the clarification. So its basically an alternate to Axis2 as
we are working on all these specs there too; which of course is cool ..
alternates are a good way to figure out different ways of skinning a cat
and eventually we'll find the right way (hopefully before the cat
dies ;-)).

I thought XFire does all these specs too
(http://xfire.codehaus.org/Stack+Comparison; except for obviously
JAX-WSA as that's not even done yet). So what part of Celtix (other than
the name) is in Celtixfire in that case?

However, I'm not certain Iona folks look at it as just an impl of these
specs- at least that's not the impression I've gotten so far. Adi or any
of the Iona folks can you indicate what exactly Celtixfire is from your
point of view? Celtix is still marketed as an ESB and James' picture
doesn't quite fit. From http://celtix.objectweb.org/: "Celtix 1.0
provides users with a feature-rich, open source ESB runtime that can
support any organization’s adoption of Service Oriented Architecture
(SOA) in the enterprise."

I'm confused exactly what Celtixfire is going to be.

Sanjiva.