incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Drummond Reed" <drummond.r...@cordance.net>
Subject RE: Renaming Heraldry
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 18:22:41 GMT
I too like Heraldry (why exactly don’t folks want to use it?)

But if we must rename it, a suggestion is “3i” (interoperable Internet
identity).

=Drummond

  _____

From: yadis-bounces@lists.danga.com [mailto:yadis-bounces@lists.danga.com]
On Behalf Of Recordon, David
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 1:44 AM
To: general@incubator.apache.org; Yadis list
Subject: RE: Renaming Heraldry

The reason we've leaned against naming it after a specific technology is
that we don't want the name to limit the project as it moves forward.  While
the main focus certainly is around OpenID today, the Identity Provider
component certainly could support many protocols in the future.

Two other thoughts I've heard:

 - "Idid", combination of id id and prounounced as i did.

 - Buck, as in Pass the Buck

--David

  _____