incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ARI, Atom Reference Implementation [Proposal]
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 12:26:17 GMT
On 5/23/06, Eran Chinthaka <chinthaka@opensource.lk> wrote:

> Hi,

hi eran

I'm Eran Chinthaka, one of the contributors from Axiom and Axis2
> projects. I also would like to mentor this project as I have worked a
> lot with Axiom and involved in integrating Atom and RSS feed generation
> in to Axis2.

i was hoping that some axis folks would jump in :)

But I read the FAQ [1] and it states you have to be a member of ASF to
> become a mentor. So I wonder whether I can help as a mentor as I'm just
> a PMC member.

AIUI not as a mentor. it's a particular role involving oversight and the
current concensus amongst the membership is that this is something that
should be restricted to members only.

but that doesn't mean that it wouldn't be good to have you involved. you
don't need to be a formal mentor to offer guidance on list. if you're going
to be able to find some time to help out with the coding then maybe it'd be
a good idea if your name were added to the proposal as a developer.

- robert