incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XAP (Extensible Ajax Platform) Proposal
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 12:23:16 GMT
On 5/16/06, Coach Wei <coach@nexaweb.com> wrote:

> Thanks Robert for volunteering to be a mentor for XAP. I'll add you to
> the proposal soon.
>
> I am actually at the OpenAjax meeting with quite a few other people in
> the Ajax community - we are all interested in advancing the adoption of
> Ajax technologies. Here is what we are aiming for:
> 1. Preserving the multi-browser and multi-platform benefits of the web;
> 2. Leveraging open standards and open source to increase overall
> interoperability of Ajax based solutions; 3. Decreasing the risk and
> total cost to adopter of delivering compelling user experiences.

had a quick google. there seems to be a few distinct same named memes. could
you outline the context and background a little more?

I'll be interested in hearing what Apache community thinks about the
> above goals for openAjax, and further, comments related to XAP as well.

i'm a very long way short of being an AJAX expert. not sure that XAP has
really appeared on the radar of those who are involved and knowledgable in
AJAX here at apache. (one of the unresolved issues we have at apache is how
to keep interested people informed about cross-project issues.)

- robert