incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dublin Docathon (was Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix)
Date Wed, 10 May 2006 12:28:25 GMT
On 5/6/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/24/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > really need to try to find time to get to grips with the documentation
> on
> > the foundation and incubator sites. been thinking about making this a
> goal
> > of mine for infrathon/hackthon in dublin (though sorting out my flights
> is
> > another job i should have done but haven't).
>
> Let's do it.  We've been talking about the documentation problem for
> years.  We've made a good bit of progress every once in a while during
> those years, but I bet we could make a whole lot of progress if we
> forced ourselves to all get together and dedicate 4-16 hours on it
> during the hackathon.  Noel, Jean, and a few others have also talked
> about working on docs lately; I've wanted to help, but haven't made
> the time to work on anything not directly related to legal stuff.
>
> So, let me put it this way: I'm committed to sit at a table for at
> least eight hours during the two hackathon days and make some progress
> on this stuff with Robert and whomever else can make it.  We should
> also be able to have some live collaboration over irc with folks who
> aren't able to make it to Dublin.

 sounds like a good plan :-)

unless anyone beats me to it, i'll post something announcement-esque to
somewhere appropriate (maybe community and/or site, or possibly an
announcements list)

BTW i've started on a little project already (inspired by a comment David
Reid made months ago). i'm going through and add indexes to the existing
documents (using a style sheet to speed things up). i hope to add a detailed
index to either the main dev page or linked from it. the index will be
generated using xslt to make it easy to maintain.

- robert