incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Graduate WebWork 2 to Apache Struts
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 23:17:30 GMT
Don,

> I added the specific IP tasks we accomplished.  As I later in that
> thread, I indicated all Martin's issues were resolved, or I assure
> you, we wouldn't be having this conversation :)

:-)

> > Also, I saw a lot of contention on the mailing list last month.
> > Anything to worry about vis-a-vis the WebWork community joining
> > the ASF?

> I'm not sure what contention you are referring to.

The various threads related to community proposals, the Apache Way, trolls,
etc.  :-)

> The WebWork developers have jumped right in fixing bugs, participating
> in design discussions, and fitting right in.  We do have some trolls
> that like to try to stir things up, but we've had those since Shale
> was born :)

Since it is sometimes hard to tell the players without a scorecard, I was
just asking if the discord was "normal", or indicating a need to continue
the education of the WebWork folks.  Glad to hear that the WebWork folks
weren't the ones to worry about.  :-)

> I should note that the Struts PMC vote did include +1's from all
> mentors: Ted, Martin, and myself.

Which means that you have 3 +1s from the PMC, and I'll add mine.  Let's see
if anyone spots something that we've missed.

	--- Noel