incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: The Process of New Committers
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 16:16:18 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > if you are having a vote, just let the rest of the PMC know
> > about it.  We don't vote in dark corners

> > The PMC is collectively responsible for all projects under
> > Incubation, and ought to be kept aware of what is happening.
> > Do you have a concern about that?

> Not at all! From your e-mail it sounded to me as if you had
> something more specific in mind

Henri had pinged me last night on IRC, and had a few questions based on some
e-mails he'd seen involving a few of our project's trying to understand how
to handle new committers.  He, I, Upayavira, and a few others, discussed it
a bit.  Since e-mail is the official medium for the ASF, not IRC, it was
appropriate to post an e-mail for everyone, and that's what we've been
discussing here this morning.  :-)

> frankly, it seems that incubating projects on a whole haven't
> been all to good at bubbling up enough info

Perhaps true, but I wasn't addressing anything specific, other than Henri's
questions.  :-)

> Ok, then we're pretty much on the same page already after all :-)

Darn, don't you just hate it when that happens?  :-D

	--- Noel