incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Nick Lothian" <nloth...@educationau.edu.au>
Subject RE: ARI, Atom Reference Implementation [Proposal]
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 23:27:15 GMT

> > Does any one have any problems with simply calling this project
> > "Atom"... as in, "The Apache Atom Implementation" ?
>

> Well, unless I'm mistaken, it would actually be (at least)
> the second Atom implementation at the ASF, since Roller has
> one already. Simply calling it Atom implies it has some
> special status, especially in the phrase you use above (i.e.
> "The Apache Atom Implementation"). So I would not be in
> favour of that name.
>
> --

There's also Jakarta FeedParser, which has an Atom parser.

Also the ROME project (http://rome.dev.java.net/) has been debating
requesting incubation at Apache for quite a long time. We've got an Atom
parser, too.

Nick
nlothian@apache.org

--
Global Summit 2006: Technology Connected Futures -- 17-19 October, Sydney, Australia.

Visit our website http://www.educationau.edu.au/globalsummit2006 for further details.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information.

If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in
error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not
the intended
recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its contents to any
other party.

This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not necessarily reflect
those of
education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.

It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it for viruses
or any other
defects.

education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence caused directly
or indirectly by this email.