incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Coach Wei" <co...@nexaweb.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] XAP (Extensible Ajax Platform) Proposal (was XAP (Extensible Ajax Platform) Proposal)
Date Sun, 21 May 2006 15:00:37 GMT

Raphaƫl Luta wrote:

> Before voting, I just have one (set of) question:
>
> Where's the source code ?
> Does it actually exist as a standalone, downloadable entity ?
> Is it possible to assess its current status before voting ?

[Coach Wei]
We are still a few days away from completing our due diligence process on the initial code
base before being able to license it all under the Apache-compatible License.  Once this process
finishes up, we will be able to make the code available (or check it in to svn if the proposal
is approved).  I wish this process would have already been done by now, but it's important
to us to be 100% certain that there are no surprises with the IP.

I was under the impression that a review of the code base was not a requirement for incubation,
especially since the code base could significantly change as soon as others are involved with
it -- remember, this isn't about keeping the code the way it is now -- it's about using it
as a jumping off point for whatever is the best cross-browser, declarative Ajax framework
we all can come up with.

However, if I was wrong about that, I'll understand if the vote needs to wait until the due
diligence is completed.  In any case, I can provide anyone whatever details they would like
about the shape of the code base now.  For instance, the project currently consists of about
8000 to 10000 lines of Javascript, a few thousand lines of unit tests, plus over 10000 lines
of library files.