incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Please change Open JPA to OpenJPA
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 01:36:32 GMT
On May 4, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> Can we elide the hyphen out of all of these?  It seems like bad
> form.  This will be unbelievably frustrating when OpenEJB enters
> incubation (very soon now).  Since OpenEJB has been around for ever
> and this project doesn't officially exist yet, how about we take
> the opportunity to align the two names avoiding the confusion on
> everone's part and make "Open JPA" into "OpenJPA" no space.
>
> I can just see every article about EJB3 at Apache get one of the
> two names, mailing list, or websites wrong.

It's ok, we can deal :)  I've chatted with Patrick about it the past
as obviously I like OpenFOO as in Open{SSL,SSH,LDAP,EJB,JMS,ORB}
etc.  His perspective was whatever the community wants is good with
him.  I think that's a pretty reasonable stance so in that same
spirit, if Apache Open JPA is the cool new way to do acronyms, that's
fine with me.

-David