incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject STATUS files in podling release
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 15:11:05 GMT
On 5/27/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> Is STATUS appropriate to be bundled in the release?

I had the same question relating to the Tuscany release. In general I
don't think it should as STATUS reflects the state of the project
rather than the code being distributed and technical matters can be
covered in some form of release notes (e.g. README). However, during
incubation, the state of the podling is more likely to be a material
factor for potential users so I would suggest that requiring it to be
included should be part of incubator policy.

If others agree I'll volunteer to update the incubator site to reflect that.
--
Jeremy