incubator-general mailing list archives

From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve ActiveMQ 4.0 Release
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 19:42:33 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On 5/27/06, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
>
>> README.txt and userGuide.html (at least) should be updated to
>> reflect Apache ActiveMQ, not just 'ActiveMQ'
>>
>> Is STATUS appropriate to be bundled in the release?
>

> I've found some information on the STATUS file but I think I'm missing
> something because I can find info about the HTML status file, but
> nothing on the STATUS file checked into the Subversion repo. I'm
> trying to understand the redundancy and your query about
> appropriateness. Below is what I have found:

FWIW, you might find helpful the issues below and the threads they
reference: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-5, and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-7.

My understanding is that only one "STATUS file" is required and
that's your project's status web page; the term "STATUS file" is
a holdover from the early days of the incubator when a file with
that name did in fact exist and was required.

Martin