incubator-general mailing list archives

From Raphaël Luta <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] XAP (Extensible Ajax Platform) Proposal (was XAP (Extensible Ajax Platform) Proposal)
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 10:16:51 GMT
Cliff Schmidt wrote:
> Since this project was proposed a couple weeks ago, it now has a
> champion, three mentors, and has further diversified its initial
> committership.  Additional details about the project have been
> discussed on this list, and I don't believe there are any unresolved
> concerns.
> Therefore, as the champion of this project, I am calling a vote.  As
> usual, the binding votes will be those case by Incubator PMC members
> (since the project is requesting sponsorship from the Incubator PMC);
> however all participants on this list are encouraged to vote if they
> have a strong feeling one way or another.
> The traditional 72-hour voting period would end in the middle of the
> weekend; so I'll propose extending that by an additional day, with the
> vote closing on Monday May 22, 2006 18:00 UTC (see
> Please vote on the XAP proposal (rev 12 on the wiki and copied below).

Before voting, I just have one (set of) question:

Where's the source code ?
Does it actually exist as a standalone, downloadable entity ?
Is it possible to assess its current status before voting ?

The XAP idea is intriguing but I'm trying to figure out the maturity
and usability of current codebase vs stated goals and I couldn't find
anything on the nexaweb site to point me to a working example, all demos
available seem to be based on Java client and not AJAX client.

Raphaël Luta -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message