incubator-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Pabba <vpa...@inkriti.com>
Subject Re: XAP (Extensible Ajax Platform) Proposal
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 16:33:29 GMT
Hello,

My name is Vinod and I am from an IT service firm called “inkriti”. I
read the proposal and technical background carefully and look forward to
getting involved.

My company Inkriti specializes in web 2.0 solutions for the retail
industry. Over the last 2-3 years, we delivered some great applications
for online retail companies like Lillian Vernon, Bose, Chadwicks,
Target, Jessica London, Lane Bryant etc. There are tremendous demands
for “richer” web offerings. Areas like online shopping cart, online
checkout and online search etc can be significantly enhanced. During
these projects, I worked on several technology platforms including AJAX,
Flex, Nexaweb and Laszlo. Across the board, we have found that the
momentum is indisputably towards AJAX. And it is also true that a lot of
the current AJAX frameworks need significant enhancements so that
enterprise class applications can be deployed on them...One of the
things that I liked about Flex, Nexaweb, etc. is their declarative
approach to UI programming that is well thought of and robust – in
contrast, Ajax requires writing lots of Javascript. I have been hoping
for a declarative way of doing Ajax – it would be really sweet if it is
open source. This project proposal seems to fill in the gap well.

Vinod Pabba