incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ARI, Atom Reference Implementation [Proposal]
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 04:12:44 GMT
> Nick Lothian wrote:
>
> > There's also Jakarta FeedParser, which has an Atom parser.
>
> > Also the ROME project (http://rome.dev.java.net/) has been debating
> > requesting incubation at Apache for quite a long time. We've got an
> > Atom parser, too.
>
> IIRC, FeedParser is languishing for need of a community.

It really ought to just be dead. Kevin (original coder) decided to
fork it externally so he wouldn't be tied up by our focus on not
having single coder codebases (if I understand things correctly).
There wasn't any interest in FeedParser in Commons, so he was getting
increasingly held back in the sandbox and unable to get a release etc.

Hen