incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Suman Ray" <maverick....@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Contributing and Starting A New Project With Apache
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 18:57:40 GMT
May be my last mail was misdirected. Request please go through my email
below and respond.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Suman Ray <maverick.ray@gmail.com>
Date: May 3, 2006 2:28 AM
Subject: Contributing and Starting A New Project With Apache
To: apache@apache.org

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I am Suman Ray.Over a period of 11 years in IT
industry, I spend quiet a good amount of years in implementing solutions in
financial messaging, payments STP, anti-money laundering and investment
banking. Delivering, architecting and implementing projects involving
complex enterprise application integration is my core arena.

I recently came across an  RFP from  OMG  (
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?finance/2005-11-01) . I want to start an
open source project  which may contribute  towards  solving the business
problem as  stated in the RFP.  Can you please share with me how I may start
a  project  with  ASF.

To share,

1 >  I am not an ASF member and had not contributed earlier in  any projects
of ASF. I don't know any members of ASF so that they may invite me to open
the project or join in ASF.

2 > I will be favoured if you list down simple steps which would help me to
start  this open source  project. Is it so that I need to submit a working
code base  before the projects start ?

In case my above statements does not sound good to answer my queries request
to please ask more informations you want.

Thanks  for your time.

regards
Suman Ray