incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ARI, Atom Reference Implementation [Proposal]
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 22:53:55 GMT

> Does any one have any problems with simply calling this project
> "Atom"... as in, "The Apache Atom Implementation" ?

Well, unless I'm mistaken, it would actually be (at least) the second Atom
implementation at the ASF, since Roller has one already. Simply calling it
Atom implies it has some special status, especially in the phrase you use
above (i.e. "The Apache Atom Implementation"). So I would not be in favour
of that name.

--
Martin Cooper

- James