incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IP clearance: xmlgraphics-fop-afp-renderer
Date Fri, 28 Apr 2006 12:59:56 GMT
On 4/26/06, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> Approval didn't happen within a reasonable time frame. I'm assuming lazy
> consensus. We're going to continue with the process.

it's lazy concensus: but i don't think that's documented. i'll update the
documentation (unless anyone beats me to it).

Maybe the requirement to present the IP clearance paper work to the
> Incubator PMC for approval should be removed again if it doesn't work. I
> think it's good enough if the stuff is put up on the IP clearance page
> where everyone can see it. If there's something wrong with it, an
> intervention is still easily possible.

 AIUI it's just a ping really: good to have it on record on the list. i
don't think that the process is at fault, just the documentation. IMHO we
should update the process documentation and then see if the process still
has problems.

- robert