incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:00:51 GMT
On 4/24/06, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> most of the questions raised are covered in the canonical documentation:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html. i'd hope that all release managers
> for podlings would spend the time required to read the existing release
> documentation and post questions on infrastructure or incubator general
> about anything which isn't covered.

Agreed - I made sure that the release section of the incubation
process just links to that URL...

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

> we really need documentation (at the
> foundation level) from which anyone can learn to perform ASF releases.
> IMO
> secondary documentation at the incubator level would be counterproductive if
> it encourages release managers to ignore the material on the foundation
> site.

Agreed - the wiki page I created was at the foundation level so we can
easilly capture links to any useful other docs at Apache such as the
Jakrata Commons stuff you mentioned.

http://wiki.apache.org/general/ReleaseGuides

--

James