incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC2 release of ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 17:04:20 GMT
On 4/10/06, Noel J. Bergman <> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > Release tarball:
> >
> > Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
> >
> As per the latter:
>  * the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename

Note that the maven distribution is called
"incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2" and folks using Maven must use
"incuabtor-activemq" to download the jars - and the Maven entry in the
repository is  clearly "incubator-activemq".

However within the "incubator-activemq-4.0-RC2" directory we still are
calling the actual file "activemq-4.0-RC2.*". I've just fixed the
build process to add an extra "incuabtor" in there...

>  * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described
>    in the previous section), clearly visible in the main documentation or
>    README file.

Damn I thought I"d fixed this months ago - turns out we have two
README.txt files in SVN

and the build process is using the one without the disclaimer in it.
I've fixed this now...

> Please correct accordingly, as neither appears to be the case currently.

Will do; I'll call a 4.0-RC3 vote shortly when we've got a new distro...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message