incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting the Incubator PMC to be more responsive (Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC2 release of ActiveMQ)
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:34:34 GMT
On 4/10/06, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/10/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > incubator? Then at least if the Incubator PMC are too busy to get
> > involved on a particular project, folks from the sponsoring PMC can on
> > their behalf.
>
> I would think that to be contrary to the incubators intentions. In
> effect, it would lead to a situation where the incubating PMC would in
> fact do the incubation. If that would work, then I'd believe that the
> Incubator would never have been invented.

Note I'm only talking about getting releases out here; the Incubator
PMC members would still have their veto on any release vote and carry
out the same duties they do during the incubation process.

Maybe this new rule should only apply once one release of the podling
has been performed? e.g. in ActiveMQ's case we had lots of Incubator
PMC involvement during the first release, then there's been a natural
tail-off of Incubator PMC interest since.

Anyone got any better ideas for how to increase the involvement of the
Incubator PMC in the release process? The offer of free beer maybe? :
)

FWIW I personally like projects to release early and release often, so
I can see this problem getting worse soon.

--

James
-------