incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Release Roller 2.2-incubating
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 00:22:57 GMT
On 4/30/06, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
> Craig McClanahan wrote:
> > David M Johnson <Davidm.Johnson@sun.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >OK, so Cliff says we need to have copyright notices on all files
> > >before we can release 2.2 and that we should make the release on
> > >Apache infrastructure this time.
> > >
> > >He also mentioned that somebody has a script that will automatically
> > >apply said copyright notice to all source files. Anybody know where
> > >this script can be found?
> >
> > There are a variety of relicensing scripts in various languages, in the
> > "relicense" subdirectory of the "committers" SVN module.  You should have
> > access to that by checking out [1].
> >
> > - Dave
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > [1]  https://svn.apache.org/repos/private/committers
>
> I have some local modifications to the Perl version
> of that tool, but i am waiting to hear the outcome of
> last week's board meeting before committing the changes.

I explained the issues to the board last week and told them that we
now have a header approved by our lawyers -- just waiting on one last
piece of feedback before sending out the proposed text and process to
the legal-discuss list.  I told the board I'd have the official
resolution ready for them to vote on at the May 17th meeting.

Cliff