incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Getting the Incubator PMC to be more responsive (Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC2 release of ActiveMQ)
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:55:20 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> so far after 4 days we've just had one vote from the Incubator PMC

> So how about we broaden membership of the Incubator PMC to include
> anyone interested from another PMC (rather than just Apache Members
> only)?  [The] effect would be [allowing] folks who are actually
> interested in a podling being able to approve its releases;

If we can't find enough interested Members or other PMC members, then we
shouldn't be Incubating it.  Besides, I can't speak for anyone else, but you
posted on Thursday and complained on Monday.  Weekends happen, as Geir
noted.  And in my case, Friday was spent flying to Ireland for the ApacheCon
planning meeting, so today was the first I had to look at anything.
Tommorrow is my return flight, so I won't be online at all until late
evening EDT.  By then, I expect that you'll have ensured that the two issues
I noted are fixed.

	--- Noel