incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: VOTE: Release Roller 2.2-incubating
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 02:13:57 GMT
Dave Johnson wrote:
> We've gone through 5 release candidates and are ready to release
> Roller 2.2-incubating.

> next time [we'll] use [the] official [disclaimer] wording.

As per
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Branding, you
need to either request the PMC to approve your substitute language or just
use the boilerplate we approved for general use.

I do not personally have a problem with your substitute wording:

   This release of Roller is not endorsed by the Apache Software Foundation.
   Roller is in the Apache Incubator and is not an official Apache project.

so for a one-off usage I'll give you my +1,  Others may have an issue with
the wording, and vote against the release with that wording.

	--- Noel