incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:59:30 GMT
-1

Bill Stoddard is correct in his understanding of
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases.  The
fact that other people have voted +1 without verifying that the release
adheres to Incubator policy is a bit disturbing, but that's why we have
multiple sets of eyes on these things.

I really don't understand why it has been so hard for ActiveMQ and
ServiceMix to follow Incubator policy, particularly after James acknowledged
precisely what needs to be done, and said that the issues would be corrected
for the next ActiveMQ candidate.

And, no, I don't believe that placing the word "incubating" in the filename
is at all onerous.

	--- Noel