incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: Getting the Incubator PMC to be more responsive
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:16:41 GMT
Umm, releases are packages that are supplied to the public.
I don't vote on release candidates that are not in final bit form.
Unless the exact names and bits are used that are expected
to be placed on dist once it is approved, my vote will not
be given. If I were responsible for the project, then my vote
would be -1 because the package is not ready for release.

For a long time I thought that this was some weird habit of adding
rcN to version numbers, as if the whole Java world had no clue why
there are three version numbers on a product, but Jukka just produced
a nice 1.0 release package of Jackrabbit after several rcN test
packages.
I still see that as a waste of time, but it doesn't bother me so long as
we only vote on releases once they are in final form.

....Roy