incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [doc] ways to bring code into the ASF
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:33:19 GMT
> I'm finding this part of the process puzzling, and I'm not finding what
> I'm looking for in the incubator site docs. But if people will explain
> it or point to specific podlings that sparked discussions so I can find
> them in the archives, I'll assemble more info for the incubator docs.

The general rule of thumb is that we'd like to have CLAs on-file for
all code imports.  This way we can relicense the contributions under a
new license.

But, if the code is already ALv2-licensed and we can't get CLAs, it
won't be the end of the world; but we'd need to note that somehow so
that the next time we rev our license, we don't rev that portion as we
don't have the bits to license that under another license.

Hope this helps.  -- justin