incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve 3.0-M1 release of ServiceMix
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:17:39 GMT
Hi Guillaume,
If my interpretation of the incubator release policy is correct, we need to place an 'incubating
disclaimer'
in the README.txt and name the distributed files incubating-servicemix-3.0-M1*

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

  * the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename; and
  * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described in the previous
section), clearly
visible in the main documentation or README file.

A number of folks have already given this a +1 as is. We should either follow the release
policy or amend it.
IMHO, the requirement to place the word 'incubating' in the distributed file name is too onerous.

Bill