incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubator PMC to approve the 4.0-RC2 release of ActiveMQ
Date Mon, 10 Apr 2006 10:00:47 GMT
On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:44:45AM +0100, James Strachan wrote:
> Just a reminder to the Incubator-PMC - could you please vote to
> approve this release. We had 5 votes from the Geronimo PMC within 24
> hours of calling the vote and so far after 4 days we've just had one
> vote from the Incubator PMC (excluding myself who's in all camps).
>
> Given the inactivity of the Incubator-PMC on the ActiveMQ project
> (previous releases were met with similar levels vigourous support ;-)

The apparent inability of the incubator PMC to vote sucks and is a further
indicator something is wrong, but nevertheless I'm not going to +1 (or -1)
releases I haven't investigated in detail myself, so +0 from me.

> and given the activity of the Geronimo PMC in the project,  maybe its
> time to consider graduating ActiveMQ?

I think the inability of the incubator PMC to fulfill its duties should
not be an argument for or against graduation of a project under
incubation. Some problems should not be routed around. They should be
fixed.

LSD