incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of ADF Faces Incubation Request
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 02:43:07 GMT

> Craig McClanahan wrote:
>
> > On February 19, 2006, Manfred Geiler (MyFaces PMC Chair) sent a
> candidate
> > podling proposal to <pmc@incubator.apache.org>
>
> Should have been to general@incubator.apache.org

Agreed ... it was later linked to a posting there.

> Could you please let us know the current acceptance status
> > of this proposal into the Incubator?
>
> The proposal didn't have any discussion (at all, that I can find), most
> likely because it was posted to the wrong list.  Not that I believe that
> people deliberately ignored it, but the target audience was much smaller.
>
> The proposal said, "[We] ask that you accept the following proposal for a
> new project at Apache", implying that the Incubator PMC was being asked to
> vote on it.  However, a separate e-mail had noted that the MyFaces PMC has
> already voted to accept the project.

My understanding of the incubator process is that the Incubator PMC still
has to vote to accept a podling (see second paragraph under "Acceptance" at
[1]), and that the positive vote of the intended destination TLP (MyFaces in
this case) is a prerequisite.  Is that understanding correct?  If so, has
there ever been such a vote (my request to be added to the Incubator PMC,
due to being mentor for the ADF Faces contribution, will eventually let me
find that out for myself).  If an I-PMC vote is required and has not
occurred, can we please do so?

If a vote isn't required, I can just go ahead and start on the administrivia
required to set things up.

        --- Noel

Craig

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Process_Description.html