incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [POLICY] Lazy account creation [WAS Re: [VOTE] Accept OpenJPA as an Incubator Podling]
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:05:38 GMT
On 3/19/06, Jacek Laskowski <eljotpl@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/3/19, robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
> > On 3/19/06, Geir Magnusson Jr <geir@pobox.com> wrote:
> > > What we'll probably do is run it like we're running Harmony.  The list
> > > of committers on the proposal are the people we expect to show up, but
> > > we won't be creating accounts by default - we'll need to have each
> > > person say "yes, I'm ready and will be contributing immediately" before
> > > making the account for them.
> >
> > this seems a useful tradition: is it too early to codified this into policy?
>
> Before it goes to the policy, could someone explain me who's going to
> accept those who's claimed 'yes'? Possibly mentors? Are they 'we' in
> Geir's email? Will they - mentors - commit incoming patches? There
> must be someone who will do it.
>
> I liked the idea at the first sight, but then lots of questions came in.

i'm assuming that the initial mentors consistute the initial ppmc and
vote people from the list as committers when they show up. seems a
good way to get used to the usual apache process. could be a useful
way to get to know folks as well if people feel like posting potted
bios or blog urls.

but hopefully gier or leo will jump in and explain how it worked in harmony...

- robert