incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Open JPA
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:41:08 GMT
On 3/8/06, Yoav Shapira <> wrote:

> > Both QA and docs as proposed committers means to me that this project
> > already has mature processes in place that will be good for the
> > community.
> You're more trusting than I am.  I still feel like commit access is
> something to be earned, and I get worried when we have more than a
> handful of people wanting commit access for these reasons when there
> are maybe that many total in the entire ASF (>1000 committers) who got
> commit access for doing just QA or just documentation.

i disgree with 'just documentation' sentiment :)

it's easy to get good open source coders: it's much harder to find
good documentors who are willing to contribute to open source
projects. demand for good documentation is always high but supply is
typically low. i'm willing to cut good documentors much more slack
than coders.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: