incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and ServiceMix reports
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:31:59 GMT

> I don't think there is such a restriction. Where did you come across
> that? in other words, who said that?
>
> "we are apparently not allowed to use the incubating ActiveMQ"

See this thread...

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-servicemix-dev/200602.mbox/%3c1140624251.29199.38.camel@localhost.localdomain%3e

I confess that this was a suprise - I'd like clarification if this is
actually really the case. It seems silly for the incubation process to
actually stop other Apache projects using the code.

e.g. I remember us using Apache Derby for a very long time during its
incubation on Geronimo - which resulted in some Geronimo folks contributing
back to Derby; we also considered its releases to be real things we built
software from, not just "milestones". Though I guess back then, Geronimo was
still in incubation itself which is why it was maybe allowed to use
incubating code?

--

James
-------