incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Open JPA
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:50:26 GMT
Hola,
A couple of questions:

> :Core Developers:
> Fourteen of the initial committers are BEA employees. One of those is a
> committer on the Apache JDO project. We anticipate that five of these
> fourteen will be involved in the core code development, and the other
> nine will be involved in documentation and ongoing QA for the project.

Must the other 9 have commit privileges?  If they're doing docs and
QA, most of what they'll be doing is available via JIRA or whatever
issue tracker is set up.

> JPA is for use in any Java application, not just J2EE. Therefore, any
> application that needs to do data persistence in the object/relational
> style (including any application that currently uses Hibernate) will
> benefit from Open JPA.

Would it make sense for this to go in DB or Jakarta, then?  The
Geronimo association implies a J2EE container in my mind.

Yoav

--
Yoav Shapira
Senior Architect