incubator-general mailing list archives

From Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject RE: IMPORTANT: Change of schedule for Incubator Board Reports
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:28:28 GMT
Noel,

I was thinking of the alphabetically suggestion as a way to divide the
projects initially. When new projects arrive, allocation them to the
bucket with the least projects, or rebalance if necessary. As long as each
project reports 4 times a year, it should be ok to swap slots
occasionally.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
03/13/2006 12:06 PM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

<general@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: IMPORTANT: Change of schedule for Incubator Board Reports

Arthur,

> Are you saying that each project has to report quarterly but
> the reports will be staggered so that each month one third
> of the projects [reports]?

Yes.  And that one third changes as projects come in and out of the
Incubator.

> If so, I suggest you just divide the list alphabetically, with
> the first 12 in Jan, second 12 in Feb, last 11 in Mar, and
> repeat that order.

That's certainly one way.  Modified so that any project that wants to exit
the Incubator must also provide a report for that month's Board report.

But would that mean that projects would want to choose their name based
upon
when they'd report?  Unlikely.  However, what about when a new project
moves
another project from one month to another?  I suppose that's alright.

                 --- Noel