incubator-general mailing list archives

From Lawrence Mandel <lman...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Error when committing updated status document
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 06:22:56 GMT
Thanks! Solved by opening the file in wordpad, which converts all the eol
characters to the same type.

Lawrence Mandel

"Garrett Rooney" <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
Sent by: rooneg@gmail.com
03/13/2006 06:46 PM
Please respond to
general@incubator.apache.org

general@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Error when committing updated status document

On 3/13/06, Lawrence Mandel <lmandel@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> I just updated the Woden status document on the incubator website. The
> file built fine and looks good on my machine. I committed the XML file
> (woden.xml) without issue. When I try to commit the HTML file
(woden.html)
> I consistently get the error:
>
> org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: Inconsistent line ending
> style
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: File '...\woden.html' has inconsistent newlines
>
> Has anyone seen this when updating the incubator site? Any suggestions
> resolve this issue?

That indicates that the file has an svn:eol-style set, but when you
edited it you inserted line endings that conflict with what's in the
rest of the file.  If the file has \r\n line endings your changes need
the same thing, if the file has \n line endings, ditto.

-garrett