incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ Graduation From Incubator
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2006 06:26:22 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I agree it is important to have as much as possible on apache
> hardware.  It was my understanding until I read this thread
> here, that infrastructure was fine with leaving JIRAs for
> imported projects hosted remotely until the JIRA had a better
> import tool.

Please keep in mind that when I speak, Sam speaks, Ken speaks, Justin
speaks, etc., we are airing our own views.  In general, I would assume that
someone is speaking as an individual rather than a role, unless otherwise
indicated.  Greg Stein, for example, only uses his @apache.org address when
posting as the ASF Chairman.  If you see him posting from another e-mail
address, he is posting as just Greg.  In other cases, you might notice
someone specifically mention in the e-mail what hat they are wearing.  When
the Incubator PMC speaks, it does so with a consensus, which may or may not
coincide with the individual views of all of its members.

Individuals have differing priorities.  How the community makes decisions
and how it interacts with the rest of the ASF are high on my list.  The ASF
is about individuals making a deliberate and concerted effort to say that
collaboration and consensus are the key principles.  Even when we argue
about something, that's an expression of that structure.  Getting this
across to people joining the ASF is an crucial part of what Incubation is
supposed to do, in my view.

	--- Noel