incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Incubation Process and PPMCs
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:49:13 GMT
We have the notion of a PPMC, but I don't believe that we are making as
effective use of them as we should.  This is effecting our ability to scale,
and allowing things to fall into the cracks.  In addition, people are not as
clear as they should be on how the Incubation Process works.  So ...

 -- We should require 3+ Mentors for each project
 -- Upon acceptance, we should establish the initial
    PPMC as consisting of the Mentors.
 -- Upon project acceptance, we should immediately
    create the $podling-ppmc@incubator.apache.org
    mailing list.  Or -private if there is a consensus
    to switch to that nomenclature.
 -- Once established, the PPMC shall
    -- work to make sure that the other resources
       are put into place.
    -- vote on other PPMC members (only those on
       the Incubator PMC have binding votes)
    -- vote on Committers (see above)
    -- ensure that the quarterly report is provided
       to the Incubator PMC

Comments please.  And, yes, I expect that some people will say "but isn't
this how things (should) work today?"  Well, I would say yes.  But the meme
doesn't seem to have entirely caught on.

	--- Noel