incubator-general mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Graduate Jackrabbit to TLP status (pending board approval)
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:19:34 GMT

On Mar 13, 2006, at 9:52 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> On Mar 13, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> Can you confirm the community diversity?  That is one thing I
>>> could not tell
>>> straight off, although I do note the comment in July 2005 about
>>> crossing the
>>> threshold, and observe that there have been at least 4
>>> committers  added
>>> since then.  So I'm assuming that it is fine, and therefore +1.
>> Good point.  Here is the current list of committers and their last
>> known affiliation
>
> I'm counting 8 employees of Day who are not-Roy (I trust you
> particularly
> to know how to wear two different hats) and 6 non-employees
> constituting
> the initial PMC.  As such, I'm afraid I must cast -1 at this time
> soley
> on the issue of diversity, to graduate this to a TLP.  That vote would
> change as diversity continues to increase (which I trust it will.)
>
> I wouldn't have the same concern graduating this podling into a
> diverse
> TLP as a new subproject, so I cast +1 at graduating into an
> existing TLP.
> As a subproject of a larger existing PMC they would address the
> issue of
> diversity in that forum, instead of in incubator, and this would be
> fine.
>
> Another option is for some existing PPMC members unaffiliated with Day
> to stay on as mentors of a new TLP, rather than retiring just yet.

Well, if that helps a very deserving project to be graduated, I'll be
more than happy to keep on serving in its PMC. I asked to be turned
into emeritus because all I did during these years was providing
advocacy and oversight (given Roy was there, this basically turned
out to a few +1, but hey), with no code contribution whatsoever. But
I'm still here and willing to help.

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino