incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubation Process and PPMCs
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:28:38 GMT
On 3/17/06, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
> remember committing stuff is not the only way to be a
> participant. I'm always scared of these kinds of metrics --
> people tend to abuse them (not saying you are). As an example I
> have not committed a single line of code to harmony but I think most
> people would agree I am an active part of its community, perhaps even
> enough to merit committership (if I wasn't a mentor nor ASF committer
> nor incubator PMC member already).

Thanks for pointing that out, Leo.  I've been wondering if I should
post something similar all week.

I can only assume I was voted into the MyFaces PMC because of my
activity and community-building work on the wiki, jira, and mailing
lists, and not based on my commit messages.   My actual code
contributions have probably been less than some non-committers.

Based on what's been proposed as a measurement recently, I probably
wouldn't be considered a committer, much less a PMC member, if MyFaces
were graduating from the incubator today.