incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <ted.hus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] accept Cayenne into incubator
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2006 14:57:39 GMT
On 3/2/06, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> This (and what Jim said a few minutes ago) is consistent with my
> understanding of the current situation. I just made changes to the
> proposal on Wiki to reflect that DB PMC is a sponsor. See this link
> with highlighted changes:
>
> http://objectstyle.org/confluence/pages/diffpages.action?
> pageId=1121&originalId=1120
>
> So if now the vote moves to DB, what mailing list is it going to be
> on? general@db, or is there another PMC list?
>
> Andrus

First, the Cayenne community should vote among themselves to affirm
that they would be willing to join DB.

Then, someone in the DB PMC can call for the vote there. Once the DB
vote passes, then you can announce the vote on general@, and proceed
from there. (See, for example, the Struts/Webwork2 process.)

But, we don't want to start out by having one or two individuals make
unilateral decisions for the community.

-Ted.