incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Open JPA
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:40:22 GMT
Hi Yoav,

On Mar 7, 2006, at 5:50 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:

>> :Core Developers:
>> Fourteen of the initial committers are BEA employees. One of those
>> is a
>> committer on the Apache JDO project. We anticipate that five of these
>> fourteen will be involved in the core code development, and the other
>> nine will be involved in documentation and ongoing QA for the
>> project.
>
> Must the other 9 have commit privileges?  If they're doing docs and
> QA, most of what they'll be doing is available via JIRA or whatever
> issue tracker is set up.

I like having QA and docs as committers on projects. QA should be
putting test cases into the code base and the only alternative is to
have a separate project for QA.

Similarly, docs are a very important part of a project and having the
docs right there with the code is a plus for me.

Both QA and docs as proposed committers means to me that this project
already has mature processes in place that will be good for the
community.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com