incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Open JPA
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 22:30:06 GMT
Hi Guys,

Isn't the whole point of incubation community? We want the community
and we want to grow it while in incubation.

Good doc and QA people will go just as far as good coders in building
a user community (perhaps even further) while making it possible for
the coders to build more code.

IMO we should be dancing in the streets that there is a QA and doc
team ready to go.

Now on to the specifics of this proposal, if the people from BEA are
involved because they are employees of BEA but don't really want to
continue working on OpenJPA if/when their employment changes then I
guess I'd not be so happy. But if they are committed to the project
then I say welcome aboard, can we get some of your time over on
MyFaces...

BTW: I don't think its so easy to get good people of any skill set...

TTFN,

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org