incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ASF Proposal
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:06:12 GMT

On Mar 8, 2006, at 6:23 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>> * [still in the early stages] JPA implementation (JSR-220)
>
> Are you aware of the Open JPA proposal, also looking for
> incubation?  Is
> this something where perhaps you might want to adopt theirs, since
> yours is
> still early?
>
> See: http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenJPAProposal

I think it is great to see all major non-GPL Java persistence engines
meet @apache :-) I am with Craig and Tom in that if we all keep open
minds there will be synergy.

We can't adopt Open JPA implementation at Cayenne, as for us JPA API
is just a facade to the current stack, we already have the stack in
place.

However there are a few components in the spec that all JPA
implementors can take advantage of (if they are done in a reusable
way) - annotations processor, class enhancer, EJB QL parser and
finally the TCK. I am thinking of "jpa-commons" or "jpa-kit" under
the auspicies of DB@apache... ??

Andrus